A leaky or broken toilet is every homeowner or commercial businesses nightmare – it’s unexpected, inconvenient, and can take a while to be repaired or replaced if not unclogged right away. If your toilet clogs and you cannot get it unclogged yourself, call the plumbers at Lantzs Plumbing to help you out with a repair – you’ll thank us later.
If you run into this unfortunate circumstance, here’s what you can do:
- Turn off the water valve to the toilet (usually located on the underside)
- Clean up any and all water that has accumulated to prevent cracking, mold, and additional housing or building structure problems
- Inspect the damage – is this a recent leak? Who was the last person to use the it? It could be salvageable with a simple plunge
- Test the flapper, located inside your tank
- If you see a crack in the tank or base of the toilet, keep the water turned off and call a plumber right away for a replacement
- Adjust the float of the water, if the adjustment fails to stop water from running into the overflow tube, the problem may be with the float itself
With professional plumbing from Lantzs Plumbing, your repair nightmare can be resolved in just a quick phone call. While a leaky toilet may seem complicated and difficult to assist and determine the issue, simply shutting off the water access and seeing if it’s just a simple plunge or flapper replacement could save you time and money.